How exciting! Today my blog has been online for 31 days! Obviously I need to celebrate this moment somehow and what better way than a form of 21 questions. I hope you find these questions interesting. I really enjoyed answering them!
- What lie do you tell most often?
That I’m fine. I’m not always fine but admitting that I’m not as happy as I should be is seen as weakness in my eyes. It’s not right and definitely something I need to work on more. It’s okay not to be okay.
- If you had a personal flag, what would be on it?
The flag will be purple with holo sparkles and on it a unicorn eating pizza. Mark my words, I will one day have that image on a shirt and rock it.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Eat. I’m not even kidding. Let me eat. Okay maybe with all those extra time I will catch up on my series and anime. Oh wait, let me really add flavor to this cookie. I will write a ton of blog posts. Who knows? I kind of don’t want to give up on sleep.
- What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
Dancing. Football. I really love the idea of being active in another way and meet new and different people.
- What job do you think you’d be really good at?
A personal trainer and a nutritionist. Wink, wink. Honk, honk.
- What’s your favorite drink?
Orange juice and Rooibos tea.
- What state or country do you never want to go back to?
Berlin. My visit there was anything but pleasant and I could live my entire life without ever going back and die happy.
- What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
Sims but I have the same control as a player.
- What do you consider to be your best find?
My soul mate and husband, Onno. He truly came into my life at a perfect time and I truly blossomed since meeting him.
- Are you usually early or late?
I’m always early. I always make sure to arrive 15 minutes before my appointment. It makes me uncomfortable when I run late.
- What pets did you have while you were growing up?
We always had a mini zoo. Always a dog and a cat. On occasion, a bird, hamster, and rabbit will join the family.
- What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
Where is my husband?
- What are some small things that make your day better?
Something that has always managed to make my day is anime. In my most difficult times I enjoy diving into my favorite humorous anime. (Anime is the Japanese form of Animation.)
- What age do you wish you could permanently be?
Twenty one. Who wouldn’t want to be young with a strong body forever?
- What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Anything horror/thriller related. Spare my soul please.
- What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
In bed with my husband by my side surrounded by our favorite food and enjoying great quality movies or series.
- What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read?
Harry Potter of course. I honestly don’t really have a favorite book or a book I could reread twenty times. I’ve found many great books but not the one.
- What’s your dream car?
I don’t know much about cars. I prefer small cars because they’re easier to park but my car does need a little zoom. I mean 0 to 60km/h in 30 seconds although that might be too slow. I have always loved the Volkswagen Beetle.
- What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
Are you just gluten free because you’re trying to lose weight?
- What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Anything related to being gluten free.
- If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
First of all I would enquire a daily dose of happiness; might that be 10 minutes of dancing, video gaming or petting a cute animal. I want the positive emotions that humans hold. The negativity and bad things can stay off my island.
- What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
Game of Thrones.
- What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?
Having a successful business, a lovely home with healthy kids. A wonderful family life. Blessed with the ability to travel frequently. I also want to be capable of taking care of my parents.
- What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
Frequent meditation and yoga.
- What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
I made homemade fried chicken that was so crispy it was out of this world. I’m sorry but that’s the first highlight that pops into my head when I think of last week.
- If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
This is one is interesting. I always wanted to be a doctor growing up and although my desired field is a tiny bit different I will still be in the health industry. So to be honest, nutrition is something I’m passionate about. I want to help people. The most fitting thing that I could go into after nutrition is psychology. Mental health is just has important.
- How different was your life one year ago?
Well for starters I was in South Africa. I was working part time for a real estate company. It was incredibly difficult at that point, the distance. We were passing the mark of our longest time apart and with many more months in the foreseeable future…things went bleak. I’ve mentioned this before but being in a long distance relationship is incredibly difficult, some days are worse than others. Especially because of all of these special moments coming up in the next few months. September wasn’t completely terrible though, I dyed my hair purple.
- What’s the best way to start the day?
This is going to sound cheesy as some of my answer already have but the best start of the day is with a snuggle from my adoring husband. My day doesn’t feel complete without my usual good morning cuddle.
- What quirks do you have?
I can’t stand it when people walk slowly and stop in the middle of nowhere in confined spaces/halls.
- What’s the best way a person can spend their time?
Well since every person is different and I can’t answer for them but I can answer for myself. The best way I can spend my time is by doing stuff I love which is many things in fact. Most of these things you know, as a reader of my blog.
- What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
These next few months are going to be quite busy and fulfilling if I have my way. I hope to find a job in the health care industry, complete the last two nutrition courses, get my personal trainer qualification (if time allows it, the time of the course might contradict with the start of my studies) and then in exactly one year I will be a nutrition student. Oh and we can’t forget the bicycle tour! For my blog however, I plan to continue sharing parts of my life with you.
That’s about it folks. I’m so incredibly happy with my blog. It’s been so much fun to write in this manner. I hope you enjoy my content as much as I enjoy sharing it with you. Please feel free to join in with your own answers. Tag me in #fitcouchpotato31 so I can give them a read.
I got these questions on: https://conversationstartersworld.com/questions-to-get-to-know-someone/