You know what they say, laughter is the best medicine. When I think of my go-to movie or series that makes me laugh it’s usually something related to Adam Sandler. He’s one of my favorite actors of all time. I’ve always loved his movies or anything he is in, really. One of my favorite movies of his is ‘Grown ups‘ but unfortunately one of the actors who played in that movie passed away recently and that thought kind of dampers the happiness of the movie. I’m sure I will eventually go back to enjoying the movie but it will take time. It always tears me apart when young people die. It scares me. I still to this day vividly remember this one book we had to read for school. In this book, the main character’s best friend died. It was a freak accident. They went surfing, his board knocked him over the head and he drowned. I took this fictional character’s death incredibly hard. It gnawed on me for months. In this book, they had a quote and it stuck with me for years. I wrote it down everywhere. I wish I can remember it. It was something along the lines of life is like the ocean or a wave. It was something sea related but it resonated with me. Although saying that much be pretty hard to believe because I honestly can’t remember the quote. It stuck with me for years though. That I remember. Anyway, I’m getting off-topic (no surprise there), so my favorite movie I’ve watched a good ten times is out of question. My favorite series is ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ but the thing is, I recently rewatched the entire series again so it’s still super fresh in my memory? I literally finished the last episode less than a month ago after starting from the first episode again so…I don’t know what I’m going to do about this whole watch something that’s going to make you laugh thing. Give me a moment. Maybe a comedy special?
So, it’s the next day and by the time you see this the credits of the movie I decided to watch would probably still be rolling. So, drumroll please for an incredibly unsurprising movie choice. ‘Jack and Jill’ starring Adam Sandler. Surprise! I mean he is wearing a dress. What more can a girl ask for? Also, growing up I found the idea of twins super cool like how awesome is that? I also find the relationship between Jack and Jill hilarious. Especially the jabs Jack makes towards Jill. It’s a bit dark and like my husband mentioned before, I have a dark sense of humor. I asked Onno what his impression of the movie is after glancing at the screen for a few minutes and he said: “It seems weird.” So, right in my ballpark.
To round of this blog because I mean there is only so much I can say at this point, one of my favorite moments is when they are in the movie cinema and the twins are in perfect unison with their behavior. I always have a good chuckle at the fart scene. That’s me. My favorite character in the movie is the parrot. Also me. There isn’t much else to say. If you haven’t watched it yet, definitely give it a try. It’s on Netflix. Also, can we just talk about Johnny Depp wearing a Justin Bieber shirt? That’s legendary. It’s a mood.
Here is some comedy specials/series/movies that I find funny.
- Anything with Ali Wong. She recently came out with a Netflix movie that’s beyond funny. It’s called ‘Always Be My Maybe‘. If you haven’t watched it yet, please do. It’s really good.
- 2 Broke Girls is also really good. Max is my lesbian lover.
- Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias’s comedy specials are hilarious.
- Iliza Shlesinger is hilarious. I love her goat voice. She has a few stand-up comedy specials on Netflix.
- Sarah Silvermoon’s Netflix special called ‘A Speck of Dust’ was really good. I found it quite funny.
- Jim Jefferies’s Netflix special called by ‘Bare’ was really good.
- I’m also obsessed with Anna Kendrick. She is everything. I loved her movie ‘Mr. Right’
- Fire off round: Bridemaids, The Hangover, That’s My Boy, Ted, Big Stan, Easy A, Accepted, Yes Man, Meet The Fockers, The Hot Chick, We’re The Millers, Ride Along, 21 Jump Street, Grandma’s Boy, Central Intelligence and etc.
Anyway, I had a good laugh so that’s nice. I don’t really know what else to say so see you tomorrow?
Thank you so much reading and I will see you in a click!