Okay, the moment has arrived where I can confidently say, I have my shit figured out…when it comes to the website. Real life is still a hot mess. At the start of the year, I made some big changes to my website. I attempted to incorporate a lot of structure to my website by splitting it into two parts. The blog side, which had two subcategories: pure chaos and dear diary. And then the Writing Corner side, which never quite kicked off especially since your girl is struggling to write…I then quickly realized that by having such a structured and busy schedule, I was making the same fucking mistake I’ve made way too many times…and that is to try to everything at once. It’s comical because literally in the blog where I spoke of the blog changes, I said that the change was inspired because I felt there wasn’t a good balance: time and content wise. So yeah, Plan A did solve most of my problems when it came to balancing the content…but it created quite a bit of new problems. Which, isn’t the best news. So, I admitted defeat and started to brainstorm. I went back and forth on a few ideas before I finally sat down with myself and got real. The reality is, I need to do less, not more. I’m going to get busier as the years go by. I’m going to have my studies, kids, career, and well life. It’s going to get harder and harder to balance everything, so I need to find a system that works as years go by. Yeah, it might not seem like enough now, but when my studies start in a few months, I would probably still find myself trying to type up a quick blog the night before. I can guarantee this. So, after doubting this new system for a good month, I finally stopped lying to myself and now here we are, taking the final step by letting you all know.
From now on, there will only be two blogs per month. Yeah, it really doesn’t seem like much but I don’t have any other options. I realistically can’t do more. Not if I want to write quality blogs that I actually feel proud of. Not if, I somehow want to work on the creative side of things and attempt to write another eBook. I just can’t do it all and I can’t tell you how hard it is for me to admit that. But, on the bright side, there will be bonus blogs. Some months there might be quite a few bonus blogs, but then on another month you will only get the two set in stone blogs. There will be no breaks or mini “holidays”. There will be two blogs per month and that’s it. The only time we will leave the usual blog train is when we finally enter the Writing Corner content – give or take one month of content. These months will always be a surprise as I really don’t know when I will be able to write again. Once, I’m out of this funk, I would like to have at least one Writing Corner month (so first draft, short stories, poems or anything that falls under the creative writing category) a year. It’s possible that once I can write again, I will pump out a shit ton of stories but who knows. I do quickly want to add that I’m still working on this and I feel like I’m on the right track. I have been documenting the process but for now, I want to keep it all to myself.
Okay, let’s go over the details.
On the 1st and 15th of every month, we will have our set-in stone blogs go up. These blogs will be a bit all over the show, so pure chaos. These are the blogs that required a bit more effort to put together. So, it can be a review, an experiment, a DIY project that took months. There are so many possibilities but you catch my drift. Now, there might be the occasional blog where we might not consider it as something that took a lot of effort to put together (a story time I guess), but those might pop up here and there if I wasn’t able to finish those I-take-more-effort-and-time blogs on time. Seriously, some of my experiments, can take months to finish.
Bonus blogs will be extra goodies.
- The Remaking of the Sims 4 Meals – Yeah, they require more effort but they won’t be super frequent. Realistically, maybe one every three months.
- Life updates
- Any multiple parts blogs – I won’t make you guys wait two weeks to read the next part. If it’s a three part-er though, it could be that I will make the first one count (so have it go up either on the 1st of the 15th) but the week that follows that update, the next two parts will go up every three days.
- Silly and short “blogs” – This can be anything. Example: I show off my entire cup collection. I take a picture everyday for a week. My husband pained my nails. Etc.
- Collabs – if you feel that our content matches up and you want to collab with me, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or on email@example.com.
Quick little notes you need to know about the Writing Corner months:
- Content will include: first drafts of new stories, sample chapters of a new eBook, short stories and poems.
- Writing Corner month – give or take – will be every six months (I hope). Please note that this is the ideal. For now, my main focus is to rebuild my confidence and comfortably write again. I have no idea how long this might take. Stay tuned, I guess? I appreciate the understanding and patience I’ve received on the topic.
- It’s possible that in the one Writing Corner month, there was 12 updates over a six weeks period, but another month it was 4 updates in 4 weeks. It really depends on how much content I’ve prepared in the meantime. Minimal will be: 2 updates in a 3-week period (for Writing Corner month*).
This new system will start on the 1st of May 2020 and will be how things are going to be run from now on. This way, my readers can comfortably know when to expect a new update and get a few surprises here and there. I mainly just don’t want disappear for months on end anymore. I want to find some type of balance and somehow do everything I love. I will let you know how that goes lol. I’m very confident in this new plan and I’m happy to report that I have a few blogs saved up so I won’t be missing any of my set-in stone updates. I’m determined to never miss those.
Thank you so much for reading and I will see you in a click!
Before you go…
Support Me By Buying Me A Cup Of Coffee
Please show your support by buying a cup of coffee for this poor little blogger here. I need to support my precious digital mouse, Baby. All jokes aside, I truly appreciate the contribution. Thank you so much!